submitted to the procuring activity at the completion of all tests and prior
to shipping the Film-Tape to the Government testing facility. Contractors
not having adequate facilities to conduct all required tests shall obtain the
services of a commercial testing laboratory satisfactory to the procuring
4. 3.1 Accessory Material - When the procuring activity requires the
shipment of the Film-Tape to a Government facility for tests, the con-
tractor shall submit, in addition to the production copy Film-Tape, all
extra materials and design and test data necessary to test and evaluate
The design and test data supplied by the contractor
the equipment (see 4. 8).
shall indicate the physical characteristics of the Film-Tape and establish
that the Film- Tape conforms to this specification.
4. 3.2 Scope of Tests - Preproduction test shall include all tests deemed
necessary by the procuring activity to determine that the Film-Tape meets
all the requirements of this specification and the contract.
tests shall include environmental tests specified herein in accordance with
the procedures of MIL-STD- 810 to the limits specified herein and other
tests specified herein. P reproduction tests shall also include the following:
4. 3.2.1 Base Light Density - Base light dens ity shall conform to paragraph
3. 4.4 of this specification when measured in accordance with the test setup
The light source shall be adjusted until the
of Figure 5 and the following.
Insert the Film-Tape at a distance of
milliammeter reads 2 mA.
0. 060 + O. 010 inch from the lens of the sensor. The current shall not be
less than 1.2 mA.
4. 3.2.2 Total Density - Total density shall conform to paragraph 3. 4.5 of
4. 3.2.3 Film-Tape Thickness - Film-Tape thickness shall conform to
paragraph 3. 4.1.1 of this specification.