12 October 1965
18 June 1952
MOTORS, 60-CYCLE, ALTERNATING-CURRENT, FRACTIONAL H..P.
1.1 Scope. - This specification covers 60 cycle, fractional horsepower (hp.), alternating-current,
m o t o r s for board use.
1.2 Classification. - The motors shall be of the following services, as specified (see 6.1):
Service A - For applications where motors are essential to the Military effectiveness of a ship.
Service C - For applications where motors are not essential to the Military effectiveness of a ship.
2. APPLICABLE DOCUMENTS
2.1 The following documents of the issue in effect on date of invitation for bids or request for proposal,
form a part of the specification to the extent specified herein.
- Bearings, Ball Annular (General Purpose).
- Aluminum Alloy Die Castings.
- Aluminum Alloy Sand Castings.
- Brazing Alloy, Copper, Copper-Zinc, and Copper-Phosphorous.
- Iron Castings, Malleable.
- Puller and Puller Kit, Mechanical, and Mechanical Puller Attachment.
- Molding Plastics and Molded Plastic Parts, Thermosetting.
- Shock Tests, H. I. (High-Impact) Shipboard Machinery, Equipment and
Systems, Requirements For.
- Electric Power Equipment, Basic Requirements for (Naval Shipboard Use).
- Drawings, Electrical, Hull and Mechanical Equipment for Naval Shipboard
- Enclosures for Electric and Electronic Equipment, Naval Shipboard.
- Brushes, Electrical, Contact and Carbon Stock, Electrical Contact Brush.
- Steel Castings.
- Provisioning Technical Documentation for Repair Parts for Electrical and
Mechanical Equipment (Naval Shipboard Use).
- Brazing Alloys, Silver.
- Lubricating Grease, High-Temperature, Electric Motor, Ball and Roller
- Bronze, Bearing, Castings.
- Electric Machines Having Rotating Parts and Associated Repair Parts,
- Lubricating Oil, Steam Turbine, Noncorrosive.
- Pumps, Centrifugal, Close- Coupled, Navy Standard For Use on Naval Ships.
- Grease, Ball and Roller Bearing.
- Insulating Varnish, Electrical, Impregnating.
- Iron Castings, Nodular Graphitic (Ductile Iron) and Nodular Graphitic
(Corrosion Resisting, Austenitic, Low Magnetic Permeability) (For Ship-