(1) Body assembly (Daylight). There shall be no more
than three (3) particles of dirt or foreign material (classified as
dirt) on any objective or eyepiece assembly. The apparent size of any
dirt particle shall not exceed 0.05 inch.
(2) Elbow assembly (passive). When viewing through the
eyepiece with the image intensifier tube energized, there shall be no
more than five (5) particles visible on the screen surface. The size of
any particle shall not exceed the apparent width of the reticle line.
(3) Head assembly. There shall be no more than three (3)
particles of dirt or foreign material (classed as dirt) on any glass
component. The size of any dirt particle shall not exceed 0.05 inch.
a. Datum Plane "W" (Ref. Dwg. F11747303) defined by the four
mounting pads in a vertical plane. Datum Plane "J" (Ref. Dwg. F11727486)
on a horizontal plane.
b. Side "L" (Ref. Dwg. F11727486) of the input coupling posi-
tioned 22 degrees 30 minutes with respect to Datum Plane "W" as measured
in a vertical plane.
NOTE: At no time shall the input coupling be allowed to strike
hard against the travel stops.
c. The requirements of 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 inclusive, shall be
(1) The clear filter positioned in the. field of view.
(2) An infinity target which is projected into Lens
8289292 perpendicular to Datum Plane "W"
(3) The eyepiece of the daylight system focused on
the image of the projected infinity target.
(4) The eyepiece of the Passive System focused on the
screen of the image intensifier tube.
(5) A 1200 meter target provided for both the Daylight
and Passive Systems
de Focus passive elbow assembly by rotating objective focusing
Ring 11733436 for best resolution of target (1200 meters) image.
3.6.2 Parallax.- Parallax between the reticle and the image of a
target at 1200 meters shall not exceed 0.1 mil when adjusted by Eccentric
10516549 on the daylight body assembly.