(d) Packing (Section 5.3).
AQL 2.5 percent defective
Marking missing or incorrect
Component loose or missing
Shipping container incorrect
18.104.22.168 Packaging inspection. During or immediately prior to the packaging,
100 percent examination of the cartridges shall be performed to ascertain that
the cartridge type conforms to the drawing. Occurrence of another model blank
cartridge or a dummy cartridge shall be classed as a major defect. Occurrence
of any type other than those listed shall be classified as a critical defect.
All nonconforming cartridges shall be rejected.
Tests shall be conducted as follows:
22.214.171.124 Wrap assembly.
(1) Precondition assembled projectile for 24 hours at 130° ± 5°F.
(2) Cool projectile to room temperature in a low humidity environ-
ment (i.e., dessicator).
(3) Cut breakband and remove from projectile.
(4) Remove strip 8 wraps wide from breakband which was over cavity
area of projectile. Breakband shall be tested within 5 minutes of removal from
(5) Tape ends of test strip allowing 6 inches exposed.
(6) Mount test strip in tensile tester with jaws set 6 inches
(7) Crosshead rate for test strip: 0.2 inches per minute.
(8) Recording chart rate: 10 inches per minute.
(9) Full scale of the chart shall initially be 20 pounds force. If
the sample exceeds 20 pounds force, the scale shall be changed to 50 pounds
force full scale without stopping the test.
(a) Yield force, lbs - Maximum load reading on chart
(b) Yield strain, in/in - Draw a straight line that is best
fit in the region between 5 and 10 pounds, and extend it to the zero load axis.
The product of the distance along the zero load axis (y) from this point to the
maximum yield point times the crosshead rate of the test strip divided by the
of the test strip times the recording chart rates equals
product of the len:
Y x 0.2
6 x 10