6.1 Intended use. Pumps covered by this specification are intended for
pumping sea water through the condenser for condensing steam.
6.2 Ordering data.
Acquisition documents shall specify the
6.2.1 Acquisition requirements.
Title, number, and date of this specification.
Type required (see 1.2).
General design required (see 3.2).
(1) Space and weight requirements.
(2) List, pitch, roll, trim, and other ship attitude
conditions (see 3.2, 3.2.7, and 126.96.36.199).
(3) Environmental vibration frequencies (see 188.8.131.52).
(4) Airborne, structureborne, and fluidborne noise require-
ments (see 3.2.5 and 4.6.4).
(S) Ambient temperature, normal, maximum, and minimum.
Performance characteristics (see 3.2, 184.108.40.206, and 3.8.4).
(1) Rated capacity and range of capacity.
(2) Rated total head at rated capacity.
(3) Fluid to be pumped.
(4) Specific gravity of fluid.
(5) Temperature of fluid, normal, maximum, and minimum.
(6) Suction head available, normal, maximum, and minimum.
(7) Casing design and test pressures.
(8) Special performance requirements, if any (e.g., maximum
Type of driver.
Ordering data for driver (see 6.1 of applicable specification;
MIL-M-17413 or MIL-M-17060 for motors; MIL-T-17523 for turbines;
for submarine motors list complete motor specifications) (see
Ordering data for electrical controllers, if required (see 6.1
of MIL-C-2212) including variable speed controllers.
Whether shock mounts are to be used (see 220.127.116.11).
Horizontal or vertical mounting (see 18.104.22.168).
If threaded fastener lengths are to be other than specified
Additional requirements for valves, flanges, fittings, and
bolting for pipe connections (see 22.214.171.124).
If coupling is other than specified (see 3.3.1).
If bilge connection requirements are other than specified
(see 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, and 184.108.40.206).
Casing nozzle loadings (see 220.127.116.11).
If suction and discharge connection requirements are other than
specified (see 18.104.22.168).
Method for sealing shaft gland (see 22.214.171.124).
Material for labryinth seal floating ring (see table X).
Material for labryinth seal stationary ring (see table I).
Number of sets of special tools (see 3.4).