Provide power-take-off (PTO) in accordance with SAE J705 and J772 of the
antifriction bearing, single speed, hydraulic clutch pack "hot-shift" type having an
intermittent service rating of at least 120 percent of the maximum needs of the
driven components. Provide means to prevent overspeed of the PTO and its driven
Provide a hydraulic hoist pump in accordance with SAE J744 of the positive
Provide pump integrally mounted on the power-take-off (PTO) on the main
transmission or, when self-contained, integrally mounted on the engine.
(2) Provide a pump having the pump manufacturers's ratings for speed and
performance equal to or in excess of the required speed and performance
necessary for dumper hoist operation.
(3) At engine rpm recommended by the pump manufacturer and at the specified
pounds of payload, provide dump body hoist or extraction time of not more
than 2-minutes and dump body lower or retraction time of not more than
(4) Provide relief valve per SAE J747.
(5) Provide a capped pressure gage test point at the outlet of the pump.
Provide a hydraulic reservoir as follows:
(1) Capacity matched to telescopic cylinder.
(2) Provide filler cap captive chained to a removeable, 60 mesh strainer in the
filler neck, and marking "HYD RES" on or near reservoir cap.
(3) Provide self-sealing dipstick or sealed and guarded oil sight level indicator.
(4) Provide reservoir air breather(s) of the spin-on pleated paper canister type
having a minimum size of 5-inches long by 3.7-inches diameter threaded on a
SAE J363 3/4-16 UNF2A or 2B, insert.
(5) Provide reservoir mounting to prevent damage from vibration and damage
from off-road terrain travel.
Provide hydraulic system return oil filter in accordance with ANSI B93.31, as
certified by the filter manufacturer, having the following:
(1) Minimum 6.2 filtration ratio at 20 micrometers and a dust capacity of 1 gm
per gpm flow.
(2) Provide minimum 100 psi housing burst pressure.
(3) Provide automatic by-pass valve permitting full flow at 35 psid and greater.
(4) Provide a filter element service indicator gage.
Provide a dump hoist control valve per SAE J747:
(1) Provide lever control, accessible to the driver from his seated position in the
cab, or from his standing position on the ground at the front roadside of the
(2) Provide lever with tower type neutral "HOLD" lock of the hinged gate type,
preventing accidental raising or lowering of the dump body.