1.2.2 Size. The size of the semitrailer shall be determined by its liquid carrying capacity and
shall be one of the following sizes, as specified (see 6.2):
Size A - 3,000 gallon
Size B - 3,600 gallon
Size C - 5,000 gallon
2. APPLICABLE DOCUMENTS
2.1 Government documents.
* 2.1.1 Specifications, standards and handbooks. The following specifications, standards and
handbooks form a part of this specification to the extent specified herein. Unless otherwise
specified, the issues of these documents are those listed in the issue of the Department of
Defense Index of Specifications and Standards (DODISS) and supplement thereto, cited in the
solicitation (see 6.2).
- Battery, Storage: Vehicular, Ignition; Lighting and
- Plates, Identification, Instruction and Marking, Blank.
- Rustproofing of Commercial (Nontactical) Vehicles.
- Slinging and Tiedown Provisions for Lifting and Tying
Down Military Equipment.
- Non-tactical Wheeled Vehicles Treatment, Painting,
Identification Marking and Data Plate Standards.
- Noise Limits for Army Materiel.
- Connector, Receptacle, Electrical - 12 Contact,
Intervehicular, 24 Volt, Waterproof.
* (Unless otherwise indicated, copies of federal and military specifications, standards, and
handbooks are available from the Naval Publications and Forms Center, Military Specifications
and Standards, Bldg. 4D, 700 Robbins Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111-5094.)