Percentage of slip if greater than 3 percent (see 188.8.131.52.1).
Friction material, type II (see 3.6.1).
If cast iron discs may be used, type III (see 184.108.40.206).
Whether clutches shall operate in oil, type III (see 220.127.116.11 and
Requirements for flanges, hubs, and sleeves if not as specified
(see 3.8.4 and 3.9.4).
Synchronizing torque (see 3.9.7).
Actuation pressure and medium (see 3.9.9 and 3.10.5).
When hydraulically actuated and cooling oil is not the same as that
used for lubricating the associated equipment (see 3.9.10 and
Location and operation of directional control valve (see 3.9.11 and
When a lockout mechanism (see 3.10.11) or a lock-in device (see
3.10.12) is to be provided and whether the method of actuation is
manual or servo-operated.
Trim, list, roll, and pitch, if other than table IV (see 3.11.1).
Lubricating oil inlet temperature (see 3.11.2).
If special tools required for maintenance, operation or
installation are not to be provided (see 3.12).
If anti-friction lining material is other than the material
specified in table I (see 18.104.22.168).
If hub and sleeve material is other than the material specified in
table I (see 22.214.171.124).
Parent equipment requirements apply for the following except when
deleted or when substitute requirements are provided herein.
(1) Operating conditions (see 3.3.1 and 3.9.2).
(2) Operating speed range, r/rein (see 126.96.36.199(a)).
(3) Horsepower, r/rein, alignment (where applicable) and other
requirements for clutch design (see 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206,
220.127.116.11, and 3.9.7).
(4) Life endurance in terms of operating hours and number of
engagement and disengagement cycles expected at different
power levels over the life of the clutch (see 18.104.22.168).
(5) Safety objectives (guards, casings, or shields) furnished by
the shipbuilder or parent equipment contractor unless
otherwise indicated (see 22.214.171.124).
(6) LOW noise, vibration or in situ balancing (see 126.96.36.199).
(7) If cyclic testing is not required (see 4.6.6).
(8) Examinations after ship trials (see 4.7).
(9) Level of presentation and packing (see 5.1.1 and 5.1.2)
(10) Marking for shipment and storage (see 5.1.4).
(11) Clutch control requirements and additional indicating lights
6.3 Consi deration of data requirements. The following data requirements
should be considered when this specification is applied on a contract, The
applicable Data Item Descriptions (DID's) should be reviewed in conjunction with
the specific acquisition to ensure that only essential data are requested/provided
and that the DID's are tailored to reflect the requirements of the specific