The packaging, packing and marking shall
PREPARATION FOR DELIVERY
(The preparation for delivery requirements specified herein apply only for direct
Government procurements. For the extent of applicability of the preparation for delivery
requirements of referenced documents listed in section 2, see 6.6.)
The pump units, accessories, manuals
e preserved, pac age , packed and marked in accordance with
MIL-P-16789. The requirements and levels shall be as specified (see 6.1).
6.1 Ordering data.
Procurement documents should specify the following:
(a) Title, number and date of this specification.
(b) Type required (see 1.2).
(c) General design requirements (see 3.2).
(1) Space and weight limitations (see 3.2).
(2) Hatch diameter (see 220.127.116.11).
(3) List, pitch, roll, trim, and other ship attitude conditions (see 3.2 and
(4) Type of mounts (see 18.104.22.168).
(5) Environmental vibration frequencies (see 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199).
(6) Attached piping loads (see 188.8.131.52).
(7) Airborne, structureborne, and fluidborne noise requirements (see 184.108.40.206
(8) Ambient temperature, normal, maximum and minimum.
(d) Performance characteristics (see 3.3.1).
(1) Fluid to be pumped and specific gravity of fluid.
(2) Temperature of fluid, normal, maximum, and minimum.
(3) Raked capacity and range of capacity.
(4) Rated total head at rated capacity.
(5) Shutoff head limitation, if any.
(6) Casing design, test pressures and material.
(7) Suction head available, normal, maximum and minimum.
(8) Low suction pressure trip setting range, psi (see 3.7.1 and 3.7.5).
(9) Limiting rotative speed (see 220.127.116.11).
(10) Pump arrangement and operation in system, including parallel operation
l nd method of control.
(11) Special performance requirements, if any.
(e) Percent capacity at a pressure not less than 80 percent of rated discharge
pressure (see 18.104.22.168).
(f) If externally supplied cooling liquid or externally induced forced draft is
required (see 22.214.171.124).
(g) Type of coupling (see 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52).
(h) Connections and fittings.
(1) Valves, flanges, fittings and bolting required (see 3.4.1.).
(2) Suction end discharge connections (see 3.3.3).
(3) Vent and drain valves (see 184.108.40.206).
(4) Pressure gages required (see 3.4.71.
(5) Stuffing box gage connection (see 3.3,7.2).
(i) Type of turbine and turbine characteristics (for turbine drive) (see 3.7.1).
(1) Applicable specification.
(2) Type of connection to driven unit.
(3) Steam conditions (pressure and temperature) at the inlet to the trip
valve, end maximum boiler steam pressure of the installation for which
the turbine is intended (see the specification for pump pressure
regulating governors regarding pressure drop through the governor).
(4) Exhaust conditions (pressure or vacuum) at turbine exhaust.
(5) Steam consumption limitation, if any.
(j) Type and characteristics of pressure regulating governor (see 3.7.2).
(k) Electrical characteristic (for motor drive) as required by the applicable
motor and controller specifications (see 3.7.4 and 3.7.5).
(1) Applicable specification.
(2) Voltage, phase characteristics and frequency.
(3) Service class.
(4) Ambient temperature.