126.96.36.199.2 Field calibration. - The design of the regulator shall be such
that it can be calibrated for all ranges, except unpressurized, with bench test-
ing equipment without the use of a pressure chamber.
188.8.131.52 Shut off. - Means shall be incorporated whereby the regulator
cna be made inoperative in the closed position.
3.3 Performance. - The regulator shall be capable of satisfactory
operation when subjected to the following conditions:
(1) Temperature - Temperatures ranging from -54 to +71C.
(2) Humidity - Relative humidity up to 100 percent including
conditions wherein condensation takes place in the form
of both water and frost.
(3) Salt spray - Exposure to salt sea atmosphere.
(4) Fungus - Fungus growth as encountered in tropical climates.
(5) Explosive atmosphere - Operation within an explosive vapor
within or surrounding the equipment.
(6) Vibration - Vibration incident to service use.
(7) Sand and dust - Sand and dust particles as will be encountered
in desert areas.
(8) Oil Contamination - Contamination of cabin supply air by
(9) Smoke contamination - Contamination of cabin air as a result
of tobacco smoking by flight personnel.
3.4 Interchangeability. - All parts having the same manufacturers part
number shall be directly and completely interchangeable with each other with
respect to installation and performance. Changes in manufacturer's part
numbers shall be governed by the drawing number requirements of Specification
3.5 Filter. - A suitable filter shall be installed to exclude foreign
material from the interior of the regulator.
3.6 Mounting flange. - The mounting flange shall conform to the drawing
as specified in the detail specification.
3.7 Lubrication. No lubrication shall be required in the field.
3.8.1 Pipe. - Pipe threads shall conform to specification MIL-P-7105.
3.8.2 Screw. - Screw threads shall conform to Specification MIL-S-7742.
3.8.3 Locking threaded parts .- All internal or external parts that are
threaded shall be securely locked, except in the case of pipe thread connections.
3.9 Weight. - The weight of the regulator shall not exceed that specified
in the detail specification.